Friday, October 30, 2009

Update

Wow I really suck at this blogging thing. I wish that I could say that it is because I am super busy, but that is not the case. The past 2 weeks I have had more free time on my hands then ever before. So here is a long over due update on our lives...

As many of you know we moved to Rock Springs, Wyoming about a month ago. Devin's company moved us out here and it has been a great experience so far. He has been working 80 hour work weeks trying to get his new store up and running and new employees trained, so I don't get to see him too much. His store is doing fantastic and he is really enjoying it.

A week after we moved, my old company sent me to Idaho Falls for 2 weeks to help open their new store up there. It was a lot of hard work, but I learned so much and met some interesting people. While up there I got kidney stones (again) and had to go to the ER. I made a co-worker take me to the hospital at 6 AM, and I was so embarrassed since I had only met him the week before. It sucked getting so sick without Devin there. Later my dad and little sister came and picked me up, so I got to go to Tremonton and be taken care of by my family which was nice.

After the 2 weeks in Idaho I have been jobless. I have had a job since I was 15, so this is so new to me. At first I was so bored that I wanted to die, but have slowly learned a bit about being a housewife and entertaining myself. I have made a lot of yummy treats and watch Good Things Utah and Regis and Kelly every day. I've been looking for a job too, so hopefully I can find one soon.

Overall things are great! We miss our family and Logan, but are really enjoying our new adventure in Wyoming. It's only about 2 hours from Salt Lake so if anyone wants to come visit we would love to have you!

3 comments:

Dave and KayDee said...

KELS!!! I didn't know you had kidney stones again!! I hope you're feeling better now. Thanks for the update! :) Hope you find some fun crafts to do in your free-time. Enjoy it! Oh, I was thinking of something cute you could make...have you seen the little crochet flowers? I'm dying to learn how to make them. I think it'd be so cute on a beanie for Kayt. Anyway! Love ya!

Carlie said...

Sorry we have been meaning to call you but it has seriously been crazy here which you can probably tell from our blog I am glad things are going to well. I told Pat when he graduates and we move that maybe I will just take sometime off before I find another job.

Carlie said...

hey what is your new address so I can send you a christmas card hope things are going well.