Saturday, February 23, 2008

I love to read!



I love to read, but have had a hard time the past few years making time for it. So, in order to solve this problem, I made a new years goal to finish at least one book every month on 2008. I know, I know, there are many of you out there that read quadruple that, but for me this was a manageable goal that I honestly felt was attainable for me and my hectic schedule! I am proud to say that so far I have been going strong, for the 2 months of the year so far! In January I read Tuesday's With Morrie written by Mitch Albom. It was such a great book. I would highly recommend it to anyone, it is an easy read, but seriously life changing. Thanks to Amy for giving it to me for Christmas, I now have a better understanding of what really is important in life, and have learned not to take the people that I love for granted! In February I read Eat, Pray, Love written by Elizabeth Gilbert. I really enjoyed this book! I also would recommend this book too! It is about this woman who is very unhappy in her life and decides to take a year to discover herself and find out what really makes her happy. She first travels to Italy and learns all about passion, then she spends time in India in an Ashram and finds God and spirituality, her last journey was to the island of Bali, in Indonesia where she learns about balance and love. I loved this book! It taught me the importance of being happy with yourself. This is such a good read!





5 comments:

Teandra said...

Awesome! I'll have to read them!

Amy Johnson said...

I'm glad you liked Tuesdays with Morrie! I love that book and find myself reading it over and over again. I'm excited to begin the Eat, Pray, Love adventure! I'm following in your footsteps and am trying to read one book a month! Thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you did a review of Eat Love Pray! I've been wanting to read that! Now I think I will have to!

Amber said...

One book a month huh? That is a manageable goal. I'm going to start that in March. By the way, I'm still working on Eat, Pray, Love. I love it so far - I'll have it finished next month, promise!!

Jaci said...

that is great! I need to read your Eat Love Pray. I have read Tuesday's with Morrie.-- wonderful read!
Keep posting what you read. It is good to give other ideas for books to pick up.
I reccomend the book "what happy people know." It is fabulous.