Sunday, April 5, 2009

Devin's Internship

Things have been going well for the two of us and we are as happy as ever! Devin got offered an internship for the summer with Barrick Gold, he will be working out of their Cortez mine in Elko, Nevada. We are very excited for him to have this opportunity, especially in a time that companies are rapidly cutting out internship programs.
Barrick Gold is the largest gold mining company in the world and their cortez mine is their largest mine, because they are a global company this will create great job opportunities for Devin after graduation. The downfall to his internship is that I am not able to move to Elko with him. I get health benefits from Best Buy and I need to stay working there to keep them-obviously!
He leaves May 5th and will be there for 10 weeks. He works 4-10's which will be nice because he can come home on the weekends. His current employers have decided that he is too valuable to lose so they are holding his manager job for him until he gets back. This is incredible and we feel so lucky that he will still have his job when he gets back.
Wish us luck living with out each other for 10 weeks... it will be so hard but we know that it is the right thing for us.

11 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

That's exciting and poopy all at the same time! I'm glad you aren't going with him though!

Anonymous said...

hey kels! what a great opportunity for the two of you! I'm sure that Devin will miss you like crazy! Sounds like you guys are really happpy and doing great! I would love to have you check out our blog! it is set to block but if you e-mail me your e-mail address I will be happy to send an invite! andi0610@hotmail.com by the way... Darling blog!

Nicole said...

Awesome! Hope everything goes well

Ryan and Crystal said...

Wow!!! That is amazing. Congratulations to Dev on his internship that is great. That is awesome that his job is keeping his manager position. But I am so sad that you can't move there with him! We will definitely have to meet in the middle for a girls night or something. Ryan about did the same thing, he may still. Ryan was thinking of going to Roosevelt for a 12 week internship. I don't know whats going to happen but if it does we will have to be there for each other thats for sure. You can do it!! Let me know when it starts. Loves.

Dave and KayDee said...

Yeah! Congrats to Devin! How awesome!! What a blessing that he gets his job back when he's done too. I know that 10 weeks sounds like a long time though. I mean, I hate being alone when Dave is farming till 3 am in the summer. I'm sure you'll stay busy @ Best Buy, but you're welcome at our house anytime you get lonely. Once the weather gets warm enough Kayt and I could use a good walking buddy. :) love ya Kels and congrats! I'm so happy for you two!

Carlie said...

I feel your pain I have not decided if I am going to go with him or not. I guess if I stay we will have to hang out.

Jamie Nicole said...

That's awesome Kels, but sad at the same time too. Bittersweet. That's good that you have a good job with benefits and can be Dev's suga mamma! ha ha ha. You guys are so cute. You're approaching TWO YEARS!! Crazy! I'm glad to hear that things are going so well for you guys. Love ya!

Callen and Kellie said...

hey girl! congrats! callen leaves after school and i'll be left behind for 5 weeks, so let's have some girls' nights! at least you'll get to see him on the weekends.... no luck for me!

Katrina said...

wow! 10 weeks, that totally sucks. trust me i know all about it. but ya do what you gotta do right? i'm sure this will be a great opportunity for him and it really will be a growing experience for you both. i'm sorry you have to live alone for that time. at least you have lucy to keep you company.

Dave and KayDee said...

Hey Tipper Harris is engaged. Check this out http://nursenikkislife.blogspot.com/
So cute huh?
love ya Kels

Callen and Kellie said...

I am so glad you want to play! I'll still be plenty busy every day until about 6, but then I'll be alone and tv-less, so let's definitely do something! Any night but Weds (I take classes on Weds)! Definitely give me a call!